Hi, I'm running for Democrats Abroad Germany Treasurer & DPCA Voting Representative
Dear fellow members of Democrats Abroad Germany,
I’ve been living in Berlin and active in Democrats Abroad since 2014. During that time, I’ve held leadership roles on the local, national, and international levels.
- Germany Treasurer: 2021-2023
- Germany DPCA voting representative: 2019-2023
- Berlin Chapter Board (Media & Communications officer): 2015-2021
- Global AAPI Caucus steering committee: Since 2020
As Democrats Abroad Germany treasurer, as voting representative for Germany, and an active Executive Committee member, I have introduced and rolled out new digital tools to help us work together better, plan better and more transparently.
- Monthly written & oral financial updates at Germany Executive Committee meetings
- Adopted new donation reporting and reimbursement submission systems as introduced by Democrats Abroad Global
- Developed and implemented new annual budgeting for the country committee
- Set up expense request and reimbursement tracking
- Served on the Bylaws committee
- Worked on making Democrats Abroad Germany a legal entity in Germany (eingetragener Verein)
I’m a founding member of the global Asian American & Pacific Islander Caucus, where I serve on the steering committee, communications working group, and global IT liaison.
I’ve helped grow the Berlin chapter, organizing meetings, fundraisers, and all kinds of events, in addition to my press outreach and communications work. I’m proud of what I accomplished, reaching new U.S. voters and keeping 5000+ members engaged through email, social media, and both websites.
Since I first started organizing for racial justice and LGBTQ rights in college, I have always strived to put my politics in my practice. I always think about
how to include more people in progressive movements,
how organizational structures can better serve our values, and
how to improve transparency and lower barriers to participation.
What does this mean? I can grasp complex topics, break them down, and communicate clearly, from Federal Election Commission rules to party platform processes. As Treasurer and Voting Representative, I’ll continue to work with members, voters, and volunteers, whether they bring decades of experience or are just getting involved.
Let’s build a long-term, sustainable Democrats Abroad Germany. I’m excited to be part of that project, and ask for your vote and support.
Questions? Want to learn more about me? I’d love to hear from you: email@example.com
I've had the chance to work with many different people in Democrats Abroad over the past few years. Here are their letters of support!
- Aileen Dinin, Düsseldorf-Ruhr Chair
- Owen Jappen, Democrats Abroad Germany Chair (2017-2019)
- Karen Frankenstein, Global IT Team & Global Caucus Coordinator
- Beverly Seebach, Germany Press Coordinator
- Diego Rivas, Berlin Chair (2017-2021) & DPCA Voting Rep
- Quaide Williams, Chapter Development Coordinator, DPCA Voting Representative, Former Germany Chair & Vice Chair
How to vote?